Law is a system of rules that are enforced through social institutions to govern behaviour. It shapes politics, economics and history in various ways and serves as a mediator between human beings.
2. A general rule of conduct, prescribed and formally recognized by a controlling authority, which is binding or enforced in some manner, usually with penalties and punishments;
4. The laws of motion, gravity, nature and of nation;
6. A definite system of principles and standards that are put out by a government, as the constitution, or in written or tacit form by private individuals.
7. A rule of government, to which a rational being or moral agent must yield obedience in default of which he is subjected to punishment;
10. A legal enactment, or expression of consistent reality;